The School operates a three session day, with children being given one morning break and a break for lunch.
Arriving at school – drop off and go
School gates are open for children to be dropped off at the gate or in the school playground from 08:30 and from this time there is no requirement for parents to remain in school until the bell sounds. The school bell rings at 08.40 each morning and by 08:45 children should be settled in class ready for registration.
Parents/carers are respectfully requested not to go to classrooms to speak with the classteacher who will be focused on the needs of the class. Should you have any messages for class teachers, please either write these in your child's communication book, or share them via school reception in the morning. There is an opportunity to briefly talk to class teachers in the school playground after school has finished and if you need to discuss any issues with the class teacher in depth, please make an appointment to do so via reception.
It is our policy that parking in the school grounds is strictly for staff only. Parents are not permitted to use the school car park at any time, including for early morning and after school clubs. All parents are reminded that the main school gates form the access route for emergency services and should not be obstructed at any time, as indicated by appropriate line markings.
Part of our responsibility is to ensure that children leaving school do so safely and in most cases this requires that we direct and observe the departure of children on the playground at the end of the school day.
In order to help us safely and effectively manage this process, we ask that parents wait a good distance from the school buildings and access steps. This will allow teachers to bring children onto the playground and have a clear view of waiting parents. Please wait for your child’s class teacher to send your child to you, rather than move toward the remainder of the class, which makes it difficult for us to manage children and identify waiting parents.
If you would like to allow your child to walk home independently, please send a written letter to the school office explaining this, clearly stating your child’s name and class. Letters giving permission for a child to make their own way home must also be sent to each after school club your child may be participating in.
- 08:40 : Session 1
- 10:40 : Morning Break
- 11:00 : Session 2
- 12:00 : Lunch Break
- 12:00 - 12:30 : Lunch sitting for year 3 and 4
- 12:30 - 13:00 : Lunch sitting for year 5 and 6
- 13:00 : Session 3
- 15:20 : School Ends
Session 1 includes registration, as described below in an extract from our Absence Policy.
At the end of the school day, teachers will lead the class on to the Junior School playground where parents should collect their child.
This process is undertaken electronically. The procedure for daily school registration is outlined below. The register is a legal document and may be used as evidence in a Court of Law.
- Registers should be accurate and completed on-line.
- Any alterations must be unambiguous.
- Children must not mark the register under any circumstances.
- Children must be on the playground in time for the bell at 8.40am
- Morning registration will take place at 8.45am
- Children arriving after 8.46am will be marked as ‘late before registration closes’
- Children arriving after 8.55am will be marked as ‘late after registration closes’ and the absence will be unauthorised
- Afternoon registration for all years will take place at 1.05pm (1.05-1.10pm).
- Children arriving after 1.11pm will be marked as late (‘L’).
- Children arriving after 1.15pm will be deemed to be absent without authorisation.