We have prepared a selection of resources for parents designed to help you become familiar with Hook Junior School before your child joins us in September 2022. We hope these resources answer some of the questions that you may have as a year 3 parent.
The year 3 team look forward to working in partnership with you and your child over the coming school year. We hope your child will be very happy as a member of Hook Junior School.
Transition Information for Parents
If you attended our recent Transition Information meeting on 23 June, we hope that you found it useful to learn more about school, meet the teacher and see your child's new classroom. The slides we used in our presentation are included below with some other key information.
Key Information for Parents
These key sections of the school website are relevant to all new parents:
- Transition Information presentation: the slides from our inforamtion evening
- School Uniform: uniform expectations and details of how to purchase
- School house groups: house teams and colours
- School Meals: an explanation of the meals that can be provided for your child
- The Home School Agreement: explaining the partnership and commitment of all parties in educating your child
- Absence and Attendance: attendance expectations for all pupils and responsibilities of parents and carers
- Events Calendar: details of all forthcoming events, including term dates
- Letters for Parents and Carers: we publish weekly and occasional letters here
All children complete their home learning activities via SeeSaw, our online learning platform. We will provide you with a username and password for your child to login. If you have not received this by the start of the new term, please let us know by emailing the school office. You can find the email address at the foot of this page. Home learning will usually consist of:
- Weekly spelling list – high frequency words, words following a spelling rule, new curriculum statutory requirements for spelling
- Reading daily
- Times tables practice; we use Times Table Rock Stars and will provide your child with login information when they join us.
- Two pieces of maths home learning per week. These are only ten minute activities and are revision of what has been taught in maths that day or week.
These documents will help you to become familiar with some of the key aspects of the English curriculum. Each is published in Adobe PDF format, for which you may require a free viewer application.
- Glossary for the programmes of study for English
- English Appendix 1: Spelling
- English Appendix 2: Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation