All children attending Hook Junior School are required to wear the correct school uniform. A complete uniform is formed by combining appropriate upper and lower body uniform items, including some mandatory items that must bear the Hook Junior School logo and name and the appropriate House color.
Buying School Uniform
School uniforms for children attending Hook Junior School are supplied by Marks and Spencer. These are ordered either online via the Hook Junior School page at mandsyourschooluniform.com or by telephone on 0844 544 7972. Items of school uniform bearing the Hook Junior School name and logo share the same sizing as school items held in Marks and Spencer stores.
Please note the terms and conditions for the supply and delivery of school uniform. We suggest grouping your items into as few orders as possible to keep delivery charges to a minimum. Standard delivery at the time of writing is £3.50 and orders over £30 qualify for free standard delivery. School uniforms supplied via Marks and Spencer's Your School Uniform website are not eligible for free delivery to your local Marks and Spencer store.
We encourage anyone who is having difficulties affording school uniform to contact us.
Please be aware that the following items do not form part of the school uniform and must not be worn or taken to school by any child:
- Large hair bows are not permitted; hair may be tied back with small hair bands and clips that compliment the other items of school uniform
- Hair extensions are not permitted; hair may be tied back with small hair bands and clips that compliment the other items of school uniform
- Children may wear fitness trackers to school, however the school accepts no responsibility for loss or damage and in neach case these items must be inconspicuous. In the event that such a device becomes distracting to your child or other children, we will ask that they are removed. Smart watches and other wearable technology, paticularly devices that may be able to capture video or audio are not permitted.
All children are required to wear an appropriate combination of the following upper body and lower body clothing:
- White formal long sleeve shirt or white formal short sleeve shirt
- School tie in the appropriate school House colour
- Grey school trousers or grey school skirt or grey school pinafore or grey school shorts
- Black, grey or white socks or grey tights
- Black formal school shoes
Children choosing to wear a jumper, cardigan or blazer must wear an item that bears the Hook Junior School logo.
A school tie is compulsory for all children and must feature the appropriate House colour.
Optional navy blazer
PE kit should remain in school for children to use during the week.
All children are required to wear an appropriate combination of the following upper body and lower body PE kit:
- White short sleeve polo shirt bearing the Hook Junior School logo in the appropriate House colour
- Navy shorts or skort bearing the Hook Junior School logo
- White sports socks
An optional navy tracksuit, formed of navy top and bottoms, each bearing the Hook Junior School logo may be worn for some outside activities during the winter months.
White polo shirt
Navy track top
Navy track bottoms
Accessories are optional. We recommend that all children wear a school cap at playtime during the summer.
Navy kit bag
Navy baseball cap
In the event of exceptional weather, we will advise of any concessions to the uniform policy in response to changing seasonal conditions. Concessions to uniform will be at the discretion of the school and in response to advice from Public Health England and the Met Office. The Met Office has a dedicated page for Heat Health and a page for Weather Warnings.
In 2016, Hook Junior School adopted a new school logo, as seen on this website and also on some items of our school uniform. The new school uniform applies to all new pupils, as explained above.
In order to ease the change from old uniform to new, a transition period applies for all children. As children enter year 3, the expectation is that they wear new school uniform. Children in some higher year groups are permitted to wear old uniform, as explained below and illustrated in a uniform transition table that follows.
From September 2017, all children starting year 3 or year 4 must wear the new school uniform. Children moving up to year 5 or year 6 may continue wear uniform bearing the old school logo and replace this with new uniform as children outgrow their current school clothing.
From September 2018, all children starting year 3, year 4 or year 5 must wear the new school uniform. Children in year 6 may continue to wear uniform bearing the old school logo and replace this with new uniform as children outgrow their current school clothing.
In September 2019, children in all year groups must wear school uniform bearing the current (new) logo. Clothing that is not described above and / or bears the old school logo will be considered inappropriate.
Uniform Transition Timetable
|Academic Year||Transition Year 1||Transition Year 2||Transition Year 3||Transition Year 4|
|Sep 2017 - Jul 2018||Year 3 wear new uniform||Year 4 wear new uniform||Year 5 wear new or old uniform||Year 6 wear new or old uniform|
|Sep 2018 - Jul 2019||Year 3 wear new uniform||Year 4 wear new uniform||Year 5 wear new uniform||Year 6 wear new or old uniform|
|Sep 2019 - Jul 2020||Year 3 wear new uniform||Year 4 wear new uniform||Year 5 wear new uniform||Year 6 wear new uniform|