All children attending Hook Junior School are required to wear the correct school uniform. A complete uniform is formed by combining appropriate upper and lower body uniform items, including some mandatory items that must bear the Hook Junior School logo and name and the appropriate House color.
Uniform expectations for all pupils are set out in our Uniform Policy and also further described and illustrated below.
Buying School Uniform
School uniforms for children attending Hook Junior School are available from two suppliers - Marks and Spencer and Earth Uniform.
To order from Marks and Spencer, visit the Hook Junior School page at mandsyourschooluniform.com. Items of school uniform bearing the Hook Junior School name and logo share the same sizing as school items held in Marks and Spencer stores.
To order from Earth Uniform, visit the Hook Junior School page at earthuniform.com.
Please note the terms and conditions for the supply and delivery of school uniform. We suggest grouping your items into as few orders as possible to keep delivery charges to a minimum.
If you have any special sizing requirements (e.g. smaller or larger than advertised), please contact the appropriate customer services team for assistance.
Are you having difficulty paying for school uniform?
If you are having difficulty paying for school uniform, we may be able to help. Talk to a member of the office team for further advice.
The Hook Schools Community Association (HSCA) holds a second-hand uniform sale on several occasions throughout the school year, usually during one of their other events. Follow the HSCA on Facebook to find out when the next sale is planned, or to enquire about available pre-loved uniform.
Please be aware that the following items do not form part of the school uniform and must not be worn or taken to school by any child:
- Large hair bows are not permitted; hair may be tied back with small hair bands and clips that compliment the other items of school uniform
- Hair extensions are not permitted; hair may be tied back with small hair bands and clips that compliment the other items of school uniform
- Children may wear fitness trackers to school, however the school accepts no responsibility for loss or damage and in each case these items must be inconspicuous. In the event that such a device becomes distracting to your child or other children, we will ask that they are removed. Smart watches and other wearable technology that may be able to capture video or audio are not permitted.
All children are required to wear an appropriate combination of the following upper body and lower body clothing:
- White formal long sleeve shirt or white formal short sleeve shirt
- School tie in the appropriate school House colour
- Grey school trousers or grey school skirt or grey school pinafore or grey school shorts
- Black, grey or white socks or grey tights
- Black formal school shoes (black trainers are not appropriate)
Outerwear such as a navy jumper, cardigan or blazer must bear the Hook Junior School logo.
A school tie is compulsory for all children and must feature the appropriate House colour.
Optional navy blazer
Please be aware that the following items do not form part of the school PE uniform and must not be worn or taken to school by any child:
- Any shirt bearing a logo, brand or other visual or graphical element
- Any shorts bearing a logo, brand or other visual or graphical element
- Trainers must be smart and appropriate for physical activity
When children have PE they should arrive at school wearing the PE kit described below instead of their regular school uniform.
All children are required to wear an appropriate combination of the following upper body and lower body PE kit:
- White short sleeve polo shirt bearing the Hook Junior School logo in the appropriate House colour
- Navy shorts or skort
- White sports socks
An optional navy tracksuit, formed of navy top and bottoms may be worn for some outside activities during the winter months.
White polo shirt
Navy track top
Navy track bottoms
Accessories are optional. We recommend that all children wear a school cap at playtime during the summer.
Navy kit bag
Navy baseball cap
In the event of exceptional weather, we will advise of any concessions to the uniform policy in response to changing seasonal conditions. Concessions to uniform will be at the discretion of the school and in response to advice from Public Health England and the Met Office. The Met Office has a dedicated page for Heat Health and a page for Weather Warnings.