Learning Consultations enable you, your child and the class teacher to discuss your child's learning within the curriculum; this constitutes learning in all subjects, and particularly in Writing, Reading and Maths.
Online Learning Consultations, Spring 2021
As we are unable to invite parents and carers to school during the Coronavirus pandemic, Learning Consultations take place online this term. All parents have been invited to book an appointment via our Parents Evening Booking System. If you have not received your invitation to make an appointment, do this via the link that follows. If you find that you are unable to register, please call the school office on 01256 762 468 for assistance.
This is the first occasion that we have used an online system for learning consultations and there are a few useful points for you to note:
- You must book an appointment online via the Parents Evening System login page, quoting your details and those of your child.
- You will receive a confirmation email when an appointment has been successfully booked.
- When you have booked your appointment, login to the Parents Evening System before the appointment start time.
- The process of joining and participating in a meeting is explained in this online appointment guide for parents.
- Remember that appointments are of a fixed length; make sure you are logged in and ready to join in advance of the scheduled start time; meetings will automatically finish at the scheduled time - extending a meeting is not possible
- Note that video calls are 1-to-1 only; it is not possible to join the appointment from multiple devices. If a second parent attempts to join the meeting from a different device, the first parent will be disconnected.
- If you have experienced any difficulty in connecting and miss your appointment, your child's teacher will make contact with you in due course to arrange a new date and time for a consultation and possibly suggest doing this by phone.
We aim for children to develop as independent learners, to learn to take responsibility for their learning and to develop positive attitudes and behaviours for learning. This is more successfully achieved when a constructive partnership between teacher, parent and pupil is forged, of which Learning Consultations are an important part. Therefore, we encourage you to take the opportunity to have your child present during the Learning Consultation. The most positive impact we can have on children is by involving them in the whole learning process at every stage, and that requires their involvement in discussions about their learning and what they need to do next to improve.
Learning Consultations are a valuable opportunity for professional dialogue between teacher, parent and child where, in partnership, we can address the following areas:
- Learning targets in Maths, Reading and Writing
- Personal and social development and behaviour
- Attitude, application to work across the curriculum and effort
- Effort, strengths and areas for improvement
- Home Learning
- Attendance and lateness
- What you can do to help at home
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to share in the Learning Consultations.