From time to time, events beyond our control will mean that the school has to be closed in order to maintain the safety of the children and staff who attend each day. We define such an instance as 'an event which threatens the safety of children, staff or the school premises'.
The School takes any decision to close very seriously and acknowledges that closure may have significant impact upon arrangements that parents and carers will need to make in order to care for their children if they are not attending school.
The school considers the factors that may contribute to a closure with the School Policies in mind at all times.
Make Sure We Can Contact You
In order for us to effectively communicate with you, it is essential that we hold a record of your current contact details. We ask all parents and carers to provide us with appropriate conact details at the start of the Academic year. If your contact details have changed since the start of the Academic year in September, please advise us of these changes by contacting the school office.
Communicating With You
In the event of a closure, we will communicate with you formally using these mediums:
- An entry on the Hampshire County Council School Closures page
- A message broadcast on local radio station(s)
- A text message to the contact number(s) you have registered with us
- A notice on the front page of the school website
- An email message sent to the address you have registered with us