We have prepared a selection of resources for parents designed to help you become familiar with Hook Junior School before your child joins us in September 2018. We hope we answer specific questions that you may have as a year 3 parent.
The year 3 team look forward to working in partnership with you and your child over the coming school year. We hope your child will be very happy as a member of Hook Junior School.
You should already have received a transition pack when you attended our transition evening for Year 3 Parents. If you didn't attend our transition evening, then we have already sent your transition pack in the post. If you have not received a printed transition pack, you can request one via the school office.
- A daily timetable is displayed in the classroom; we also summarise the day here
- Classroom doors open at 8:40am and children begin with an 'early work' task to complete
- Parents say goodbye on the playground and children walk into class independently
All children will need to have a number of essential things with them every day. These are:
- A ruck sack large enough to carry a reading book, water bottle and pencil case.
- A water bottle; chidlren can refill this during the day, however we do not provide drinking cups.
- A healthy snack for break time.
- A pencil case, if your child wishes
- Their PE kit, taken to school on a Monday and taken home again on Friday.
- A reading book and home learning diary (we will provide these during the first week of school)
- Given to children every Monday (alternate literacy and maths)
- Weekly spelling list – high frequency words, words following a spelling rule, new curriculum statutory requirements for spelling
- Reading daily
- Times tables practice
These documents will help you to become familiar with some of the key aspects of the English curriculum. Each is published in Adobe PDF format, for which you may require a free viewer application.